We've Moved!

For new updates and even more, please visit the new Songbook at http://myvirtualsongbook.wordpress.com

Search

7/31/2009

The Other Day

This is a repeat-after-me song.

For this particular repeat-after-me song, each verse is sung twice. Once, with the group repeating after the leader, and a second time all together.

For this set of lyrics, each verse will be written only once.

The other day,
I met a bear,
A great big bear,
A way out there.

(Sing the verse again all together before continuing. This is the same for all verses)

He looked at me.
I looked at him.
He sized up me.
I sized up him.

He said to me,
Why don't you run?
I see you ain't,
got any gun.

And so I ran,
away from there,
but right behind,
me was that bear.

Ahead of me,
there was a tree,
a great big tree,
oh glory me!

The closest branch,
was ten feet up,
I'd have to jump,
and trust my luck.

And so I jumped,
into the air,
but I missed that branch,
a way up there.

But don't you fret,
and don't you frown,
'cause I caught that branch,
on the way back down.

This is the end,
there is no more,
unless I meet,
that bear once more.

And so I met,
that bear once more.
Now he's a rug,
on my bedroom floor!

No comments: